Resolution No. 28 Date: 7/11/1443 AH Corresponding to 6/6/2022AD
Resolution of the Union of African Muslim Scholars on the Blasphemy by the Indian Official against the Prophet of Islam
All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Universe, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the Prophet of guidance and kindness, Muhammad bin Abdullah, as well as all of his family and companions.
The Muslim community strongly condemns the flagrant act of blasphemy against Prophet Muhammad coupled with utter disregard to the feelings of the Muslims across the globe, by the spokesperson of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party in India. It is naturally expected of Muslims all over the world, including individuals, organizations, and governments, to express their disapproval and condemnation of this disgraceful act. .
Against this backdrop, the Union of African Muslim Scholars, being an academic reference point for Muslims living in the African Sub-saharan region, issues this statement as captured by the following points:
– -Condemning this blasphemy because it is offensive to the feelings of Muslims, who hold their Prophet (pbuh) in the highest esteem, and are ready to sacrifice their lives for him.
– -Demanding that Indian authorities should issue a public apology to Muslims and take precautionary measures against recurrence of such blasphemy.
– Warning against this trend, which is being led by certain politicians and media outlets that use religious blasphemy as a marketing strategy to enhance their popularity among the people of their countries; and also by their action, promote extremism, animosity, and bloodshed.
– Making it clear that any blasphemy against the sanctities and symbols of Islam is totally unacceptable to Muslims, who will therefore hold the perpetrators responsible for any violent reaction that may be caused by their unethical action
– Blasphemy or insults to religion generally, which is meant to stir up religious crisis should be made a criminal act under the laws of each country as well as under international treaties, to spare the world unnecessary conflicts and wars.
– Calling on Muslims to intensify their efforts in propagating the message of the Prophet (pbuh), which promotes principles of good morals, as testified to even by fair-minded non-Muslims. This is in line with the principle of the universality of the message of our Prophet. The Almighty Creator, says in the Noble Qur’an, “And We have sent you as a Messenger to mankind,” [Surat An-Nisa: 79]; “And We have not sent you but as a mercy to the world.”
– -Lastly, we call upon the Imams, preachers, and writers to speak on this subject, with a view to educating Muslims on the proper attitudes of loving and defending the Prophet (pbuh).
Peace and blessings of Allah be upon our Prophet Muhammad, as well as his family and his companions.
Secretary General President
Dr. Seydou Madibaba Sylla Dr. Said Burhani Abdoullah